Monday, October 5, 2020

Six months later...

Sunset spring 2020

When our government took in use Emergency Powers Act,
I really thought, it wouldn't be so big deal in our lives.
But I wasn't able to understand,
how it would affect our minds.
The most extensive limitations were in action three months,
 our county isolating less than three weeks.
But the state of mind it left behind,
didn't disappear at once.
And of course there have been limitations with gathering
and big and many,many smaller events has been cancelled.
I had - and have - my garden.
It gave me a lot of work and joy during the spring and summer.
But now...
now I am tired of it.
It is wet and muddy,
Arianta arbustorums have made reentry.
I am not fan of cleaning, and that is the work left there, hahhaa.

In March we decided that we still will be meeting our children and grandchildren.
Otherwise we will keep us out of social situations.
Not that it would be hard.
No events were in horizon, those all were cancelled,
and I bet hubby was glad he didn't have to travel anywhere.
My mother turned 90 in June.
She had been waiting for her birthday for years.
It was clear, that party at her apartment wasn't even thinkable.
So we put up pavilions and tables in our garden
and she could meet her visitors there.
Very limited amount, though.
During the summer it was quite easy to keep distance.
And find things to do outside,
where risk of infection was low.
Close to zero, really.

In the end of July girls and I drove to Porvoo.
We ate at local restaurant and after that went to garden of Haikoon kartano.
At restaurant there was only few customers besides us,
and no one was closer than three meters.
Manor's garden was practically empty.
Hubby and I made a day trip to Imatra to follow Supermoto races.
No entry to pit, practically no audience.
It really made a big difference when pit was closed.
Of course it was the only way
- and at least we were out of the house for a day.
Now, in October we are in situation where infections are rising again.
We are strongly adviced to use masks,
when ever we are in situation, 
where cannot keep distance enough.
For me it is when I am doing groceries.
Feels weird, but I do.




No comments:

Post a Comment