Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Time of chances

At the time I am writing this, Covid-19 is changing life all over the world.
I don't know, if it changes my life a lot or not.
Maybe it does.
At least it has affected my feelings.
Uncertainty of future, is it possible, that it wouldn't?


And yes, I am a little scared.
My mother is almost 90 years old.
And not healthy, 
So if she catches Covid-19, she probably would't make it.
Would hubby? A bit over 60 years, but basically healthy?
How about my children? Grandchildren? My brother? Friends?
And how about myself? How can I protect my kids from suffering?

As I don't have small children anymore, I have no problem, how to teach them at home now when schools were closed. 
I am always able to call my mother. My brother takes care of her shopping. 
When grandchildren's hobbies are cancelled, hubby has a little more free time in couple of evenings and weekends.

I am not worried about food, nor toilet paper.
I am not a person who spends time in the malls just shopping.
I don't sit in cafe often.
We rarely eat out.
We don't travel just for fun.
So anything of these won't make a huge difference.

I realize, that I am in very lucky, that my life won't turn upside down because of this.
I am able to do groceries.
I am able to go pharmacy, when needed. 
And I believe I am able to shop, what ever I really need.
Heck, our house is filled with unnecessary junk.
Wanna come over to shop? During the daytime here are only me and our cats. 
So it might be quite safe, too.

I will feel guilty in the evening, when we are going for shopping. Again.
We are running out of milk.





No comments:

Post a Comment